Navis Yield Fund
The Yield Fund was launched in late 2011 to take advantage of a distinctive aspect of our region – many strong and growing companies have strong balance sheets, often net cash, and their business models are often designed to provide steady dividend payouts to suit the needs of controlling shareholders. The Yield Fund shares many of the underlying investment philosophies of Navigator, but invests in cash generative, dividend paying companies that we believe have capital appreciation upside.
The Yield Fund seeks a focused portfolio of ~20 core positions in companies on which in-depth research is conducted, with thoroughly constructed proprietary financial and return models.
The Yield Fund invests in companies with the following characteristics:
- Competitively well-positioned
- Cash generative
- Conservatively financed (often net cash)
- A record of high dividend yields
- Business models not dependent on strong global growth or developed market demand
- Low beta portfolio
- In Navis’ core geographies of Southeast Asia and Hong Kong/China
Since inception in October 2011, the Yield Fund has increased by 72%, outperforming the MSCI Asia ex-Japan High Yield index which increased by 54% over the same period (as of 31 March 2018).
Fund Structure and Terms
- The Navis Yield Fund consists of a Cayman Island domiciled, standalone structure
- Manager’s commissions are subjected to benchmarks achieved and a minimum performance trigger
- The fund is open ended with monthly net asset valuations and subscriptions
- Redemptions are quarterly and subjected to a 60 days notice, with prudential limitations
- There are no entry or exit fees
- There is an annual option for investors to receive dividends received by the Fund in cash
OTHER PUBLIC EQUITY FUNDS
Navis Al-Bahhar Fund
The following portfolio approaches investments within Islamic investment principles.
Navis Asia Navigator Fund
The following portfolio helps maximize equity returns for companies that are undervalued by the market.
Navis Jockey Fund
The following portfolio is a listed equity approach to private equity