Managing public equities since 2005, with approximately US$ 165 million under management in three public equity funds: Navis Asia Navigator Fund, Al-Bahhar Fund and Yield Fund
Navis’ public equity investment style was designed to be “a private equity approach to public equity investing”, based on the common attributes of intensive research, a concentrated portfolio and frequent portfolio company interaction. Our public equity funds apply this approach in the same geographies that our private equity funds invest in.
We have a dedicated and experienced public equity team consisting of ten investment, two dealing, three administrative and one investor relations staff. The Navigator and Yield teams based in Kuala Lumpur and the Jockey team based in Hong Kong all have access to Navis’ corporate, financial, legal and administrative resources. We are also well-placed to leverage our position within Navis Capital to source industry insights and opportunities.
Every investment is subject to deep analysis, discussion, proprietary financial modelling, scenario analysis and regular interaction with management
Collaborative Investment Committee discussion and decision-making processes
Invest in a geography we fully grasp to create a concentrated portfolio with complete conviction
Risk management guidelines
Ongoing improvement in
- Strong balance sheets with increasing dividend payouts
- Increasing professionalism in management, performance targeting and measurement
- ESOS culture: Value creation centric
- Stricter regulations
- Competitive valuations
- Exclusive to locals
- Periods of reduced liquidity
- Good dividend yields and rising payouts
- Stable currencies, with promising long-term growth vs US$
Attractive growth and macro
- High economic growth
- Strong financial and banking systems
- Ideal demographics (substantial savings, growing entrepreneurial culture)
- Competitive sectors (Aviation, Medicare, Hospitality)
- High employment rates
- Growing intra-regional trade
Our Public Equity investment team is cohesive and experienced, combining a diverse range of skills and backgrounds as well as years of investing across multiple equity cycles.
For more information on these funds please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.