Alliance Cosmetic Group
Alliance Cosmetic Group (“ACG”) is a beauty and cosmetics company that markets, sells and distributes several brands in the ASEAN region. Their brand portfolio includes its own Silkygirl, Silky White and SG Men brands, as well as distributed brands such as Avene and Rene Furterer. Silkygirl is a leading mass market brand in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, and is known for its distinct value proposition of high quality, affordable products. The Company’s product range comprises of mostly color cosmetics, such as lipsticks, foundation, blushers, eyeshadows, eyeliners and nail polish, as well as fragrances.
- Non-cyclical, cash generative and acquisitive industry with growth rates at 2x GDP growth driven by low per capita spend, young demographics and further urbanization
- Leading mass market colour cosmetics player in Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei
- Category expansion of Silkygirl into other categories and accelerate fragrance expansion
- Opportunity to create a strong, regional presence through organic and M&A initiatives. Efforts underway to fast track entry in Indonesia and Philippines
- Well-organized and proven management team
- Increased geographical presence in Southeast Asia, notably in Indonesia. We continue to expand in adjacent geographies such as Myanmar, Vietnam and others
- Revamped marketing strategy and organisation to build up and strengthen digital marketing capabilities. Reduced total marketing spend by 50% while maintaining share of voice in key markets
- Expanded its distribution channels to include leading e-commerce platforms in Southeast Asia
- Targeted new product development opportunities, in particular within the halal makeup space
In line with Alliance Cosmetic Group’s goal of becoming the choice colour cosmetics brand for Asian consumers, the company remains focused on developing high quality, engaging products with an affordable price tag. New markets, such as the Philippines, as well as new categories, such as halal makeup, offer exciting expansion opportunities that are only just beginning to be tapped.